Valentine for My Country
Coach, Trainer, Author who helps you find an Oasis in the Overwhelm, whatever it may be
This post is hosted on the Huffington Post’s Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.
My country, ‘tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty –
Of thee I sing!
What to give my country for Valentine’s Day – chocolates? red roses? No.
Much better: Truth Bouquets.
I send luscious bouquets to:
– Margot Lee Shatterley – you shine light on so many hidden figures
– Gabby Giffords – you carry on, even after being shot down
– Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and Elizabeth Warren – you speak your consciences on the Senate floor
– Peter Salovey and Yale Corporation – you change a college’s name from Calhoun to Grace Murray Hopper
– Julius, my 10-year-old grandson, after seeing a Noguchi sculpture – you ask, “What is lynching?”
– My husband – you answer his question calmly, clearly
– Millions of people in the USA and around the world – you stand up strong for your beliefs
– Youtube – you make it possible for me to hear Marian Anderson sing My Country, ‘tis of thee at the Lincoln Memorial in 1939
To all of you I offer bouquets. Of you all, I sing.
Happy Valentine’s day, country of mine. Let freedom ring!
Millie Grenough, Author Oasis in the Overwhelm. www.milliegrenough.com
P.S. Give Yourself a Valentine ~
Join me this Wed Feb 16, 8 – 8:30 PM for a brief chat – Free
Topic? Compassion – for Yourself & Others: Strategies for Tough Times
Decide now to come to a 1-Day Retreat – Sun Mar 19
Theme? Welcome Fresh Life This Spring